/ Science Communications OLD
Science Communications OLD
DEMETER ESR JOURNAL PAPERS
- G. Bailey, N. Mancheri, K. Van Acker: Sustainability of Permanent Magnet Motors in the (H)EV Industry, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2017
- C. Marion, H. Williams, R. Langlois, O. Kökkılıç, F. Coelho, M. Awais, N.A. Rowson, K.E. Waters: The Potential for Dense Medium Separation of Mineral Fines Using a Laboratory Falcon Concentrator, Minerals Engineering, 105, 2017, 7-9, DOI: download
- R. Pell, F. Wall, X. Yan, G. Bailey, Response to ‘Assessing the energy requirements and global warming potential of the production of rare earth elements’, Journal of Cleaner Production, 162, 2017, 791-794 – download
- M. Orefice, K. Binnemans, T. Vander Hoogerstraete: Metal coordination in the high-temperature leaching of roasted NdFeB magnets with the ionic liquid betainium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)imide, RSC Advances, 8, 2018, 9299-9310, DOI: 10.1039/c8ra00198g: download
- A. Eldosouky, I. Škulj, Recycling of SmCo5 magnets by HD process, J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 454, 2018, 249-253 – download
- A. Eldosouky, A. Ikram, M.F. Mehmood, X. Xu, S. Šturm, K.Ž. Rožman, I. Škulj, Hydrogen decrepitation and spark plasma sintering to produce recycled SmCo5 magnets with high coercivity, IEEE Magnetics Letters, 9, 2018, 1-4
- C. Marion, T. Grammatikopoulos, S. Rudinsky, R. Langlois, H. Williams, P. Chu, M. Awais, R. Gauvin, N.A. Rowson, K.E. Waters, A Mineralogical Investigation into the Pre-Concentration of the Nechalacho Deposit by Gravity Separation, Minerals Engineering, 121, 2018, 1-13.
- M. Orefice, K. Binnemans, T. Vander Hoogerstraete, Metal coordination in the high-temperature leaching of roasted NdFeB magnets with the ionic liquid betainium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)imide, RSC Advances, 8, 2018, 9299-9310 – download
- S. Sobekova Foltova, T. Vander Hoogerstraete, D. Banerjee, K. Binnemans, Samarium/cobalt separation by solvent extraction with undiluted quaternary ammonium ionic liquids, Separation and Purification Technology, 210, 2019, 209–218, download
DEMETER ESR CONFERENCE PAPERS (Peer reviewed)
- M. Awais, F. Coelho, E. Herraiz, A. Walton, N. Rowson: HYDROCYCLONE SEPARATION OF HYDROGEN DECREPITATED NdFeB, High Tatras, Slovakia, Quo Vadis Recycling, 6 – 9 June 2017, 32-39 – download
- A. Kumar Jha, L. Garbuio, A. Kedous-Lebouc, J. Yonnet, J. Dubus: Design and Comparison of Outer Rotor Bonded Magnets Halbach Motor With Different Topologies, Sofia, Bulgaria, 15th International Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems (ELMA) 2017 – download
- P. Upadhayay, A. Kedous-Lebouc, L. Garbuio, J. Mipo, J. Dubus: Design & Comparison of a Conventional and Permanent Magnet based Claw-Pole Machine for Automotive Application, Sofia, Bulgaria, Proceedings of XV-th International Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems ELMA2017, 1-5 – download
- A. Kumar Jha, L. Garbuio, A. Kedous-Lebouc, J. Yonnet, J. Dubus: FEA Based Analysis on Effect of Slot Pole Combination on Motor Torque and Magnet Eddy Current Loss With Bonded NdFeB Halbach Rotor, Sydney (Australia), 2017, 20th International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS) – download
- Z. Li, A. Kedous-Lebouc, R. Fratila，J. Legranger, J. Dubus, A. Ikram, Investigation on surface mounted PM machines with magnet recycling concept for hybrid electrical vehicle applications, ICEMS 2017, Sydney, 2017, 6 – download
- P. Upadhayay, A. Kedous-Lebouc, L. Garbuio, J. Mipo, J. Dubus, Impact of Claw-Pole Geometry Variations on the Performance of Machine used in Automotive Application, Proceedings of 43rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2017, Beijing (China), 2017, 1990-1995, DOI: 10.1109/IECON.2017.8216335 – download
DEMETER ESR CONFERENCE PAPERS (Non-peer reviewed)
- G. Gonzalez, J. Millinger and J. Soulard: Magnet Losses in Inverter-Fed Two-Pole PM Machines, XXIIth International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM’2016), SwissTech Convention Center, Lausanne, Switzerland, September 4-7, 2016 – download
OTHER DEMETER JOURNAL PAPERS
- D. Dupont and K. Binnemans, Rare-earth recycling using a functionalized ionic liquid for the selective dissolution and revalorization of Y2O3:Eu3+ from lamp phosphor waste, Green Chemistry 17, 2015, 856–868 [Background: The KU Leuven team has developed an innovative process for the recycling of rare earths from lamp phosphors, based on ionic liquid technology. The breakthrough character of the research is corroborated by the fact that the corresponding paper formed the inspiration for the latest cover of the high-impact journal Green Chemistry.]
- K. Binnemans, P.T. Jones, “Rare Earths and the Balance Problem”, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2015, DOI 10.1007/s40831-014-0005-1) [Background: KU Leuven paper in the first issue of the new Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy.]
- K. Binnemans, P.T. Jones, B. Blanpain, T. Van Gerven, Y. Yang, A. Walton, M. Buchert, Recycling of rare earths: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production 51, 2013, 1-22. [Background: First comprehensive review paper on rare earth recycling. For this paper the KU Leuven team worked together with some if its MC-ITN EREAN partners, being Oeko Institute, the University of Birmingham and TU Delft]
- K. Binnemans, P.T. Jones, B. Blanpain, T. Van Gerven, Y. Pontikes, Towards zero-waste valorisation of rare-earth-containing industrial process residues: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production 99, 2015, 17–38.
- A. Walton, et al., The use of hydrogen to separate and recycle neodymium-iron-boron-type magnets from electronic waste, Journal of Cleaner Production, 104, 2015, 236-241.
- R.S. Sheridan, I.R. Harris, A Walton, The development of microstructure during hydrogenation-disproportionation-desorption-recombination treatment of sintered neodymium-iron-boron-type magnets, Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials, 401, 2016, 455-462.
- J.P. Meakin, J.D. Speight, R.S. Sheridan, A. Bradshaw, I.R. Harris, A.J. Williams, A. Walton, 3-D laser confocal microscopy study of the oxidation of NdFeB magnets in atmospheric conditions, Applied Surface Science, 378, 2016, 540–544.
- R. Gauß, O. Diehl, E. Brouwer, A. Buckow, K. Güth, O. Gutfleisch, Processes for the Recycling of Rare Earth Permanent Magnets, Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 87 (11), 2015, 1477-1485.
DEMETER SUMMER SCHOOL
- Rare earths applications (Koen Binnemans, KU Leuven, Belgium) –
- Rare earths recycling and the balance problem (Koen Binnemans, KU Leuven, Belgium) –
- NdFeB magnets (Paul McGuiness, Sciencewriter, Slovenia) –
- Urban mine/REE magnets in cars (Neil Rowson , UOB, UK) –
- Recovery of REEs From Electrical And Electronic Waste (Serena Sgarioto, RELIGHT, Italy) –
DEMETER PATENT APPLICATIONS