Lecture Series on “Rare Earths: Securing Supply Chains, Materials, and Technologies ” (AVT-285) from Thursday, January 19, 2017 to Friday, January 20, 2017 in Seville, SPAIN
Our modern society relies on the use of rare-earth elements – the “vitamins’ of the technological age. Rare earths are enablers – vital for the operation of numerous defense and commercial end-use applications. This lecture series will inform and educate the audience on the entire rare-earth supply chain, including issues relating to supply and demand, production, end-use applications, and efforts to reduce dependency on these elements.
Topics to be covered:
• Rare-earth supply and demand dynamics;
• End-use applications for rare earths;
• Rare-earth geology and mineral-resource development;
• Mining, minerals processing and extractive metallurgy;
• Separation, metal and alloy production;
• Efforts to “reduce, re-use and recycle” rare earths;
• Rare-earth materials engineering research and development.
For more information see this pdf file: AVT 285 PA Seville