DEMETER ESR JOURNAL PAPERS
- G. Bailey, N. Mancheri, K. Van Acker: Sustainability of Permanent Magnet Motors in the (H)EV Industry, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2017
- C. Marion, H. Williams, R. Langlois, O. Kökkılıç, F. Coelho, M. Awais, N.A. Rowson, K.E. Waters: The Potential for Dense Medium Separation of Mineral Fines Using a Laboratory Falcon Concentrator, Minerals Engineering, 105, 2017, 7-9, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2016.12.008
DEMETER ESR CONFERENCE PAPERS (Peer reviewed)
- Garcia Gonzalez, J. Millinger and J. Soulard: Magnet Losses in Inverter-Fed Two-Pole PM Machines, XXIIth International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM’2016), SwissTech Convention Center, Lausanne, Switzerland, September 4-7, 2016 – download
DEMETER ESR CONFERENCE PAPERS (Non-peer reviewed)
OTHER DEMETER JOURNAL PAPERS
- D. Dupont and K. Binnemans, Rare-earth recycling using a functionalized ionic liquid for the selective dissolution and revalorization of Y2O3:Eu3+ from lamp phosphor waste, Green Chemistry 17, 2015, 856–868 [Background: The KU Leuven team has developed an innovative process for the recycling of rare earths from lamp phosphors, based on ionic liquid technology. The breakthrough character of the research is corroborated by the fact that the corresponding paper formed the inspiration for the latest cover of the high-impact journal Green Chemistry.]
- K. Binnemans, P.T. Jones, “Rare Earths and the Balance Problem”, Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy, 2015, DOI 10.1007/s40831-014-0005-1) [Background: KU Leuven paper in the first issue of the new Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy.]
- Koen Binnemans, Peter Tom Jones, Bart Blanpain, Tom Van Gerven, Yongxiang Yang, Allan Walton, Matthias Buchert, Recycling of rare earths: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production 51, 2013, 1-22. [Background: First comprehensive review paper on rare earth recycling. For this paper the KU Leuven team worked together with some if its MC-ITN EREAN partners, being Oeko Institute, the University of Birmingham and TU Delft]
- K. Binnemans, P.T. Jones, B. Blanpain, T. Van Gerven, Y. Pontikes, Towards zero-waste valorisation of rare-earth-containing industrial process residues: a critical review, Journal of Cleaner Production 99, 2015, 17–38.
- A. Walton, et al., The use of hydrogen to separate and recycle neodymium-iron-boron-type magnets from electronic waste, Journal of Cleaner Production, 104, 236-241, 2015 – download
R.S. Sheridan, I.R. Harris, A Walton, The development of microstructure during hydrogenation-disproportionation-desorption-recombination treatment of sintered neodymium-iron-boron-type magnets, Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials, 401, 2016, 455-462.
- J.P. Meakin, J.D. Speight, R.S. Sheridan, A. Bradshaw, I.R. Harris, A.J. Williams, A. Walton, 3-D laser confocal microscopy study of the oxidation of NdFeB magnets in atmospheric conditions, Applied Surface Science, 378, 2016, 540–544.
- R. Gauß, O. Diehl, E. Brouwer, A. Buckow, K. Güth, O. Gutfleisch, Processes for the Recycling of Rare Earth Permanent Magnets, Chemie Ingenieur Technik, 87 (11), 1477-1485, 2015 – download
DEMETER SUMMER SCHOOL
- Rare earths applications (Koen Binnemans, KU Leuven, Belgium) –
- Rare earths recycling and the balance problem (Koen Binnemans, KU Leuven, Belgium) –
- NdFeB magnets (Paul McGuiness, Sciencewriter, Slovenia) –
- Urban mine/REE magnets in cars (Neil Rowson , UOB, UK) –